Attendance at all rehearsals and promptness are expected of all PYS Orchestral Training musicians. Full attendance is important for the entire group in order to have a complete and productive rehearsal.
- Arrive for rehearsals at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time
- Sign in at the Executive Committee’s table every week
School, Family or Religious Event Conflicts:
- Absence form must be submitted 2 weeks in advance
- If a student must miss a concert or the retreat, s/he must submit an absence request form to the Attendance Chairman 2 weeks in advance. The form must be signed by a parent and the conductor. Online forms are not accepted for absences from concerts or retreats. The form must include the proper signatures.
Personal Illness and/or Family Emergency:
- Notify the Attendance Chairman as soon as possible. Attendance Chairmen’s phone numbers are on the back of the Orchestral Training Handbook or log in to the specific ensemble’s page for phone numbers and email addresses.
- A student who incurs an injury which prevents him/her from playing the instrument should attend rehearsals and observe if physically able to do so.
- If an injury or illness will require a long term absence, and the musician will not be able to perform in the next concert, the orchestra manager must be notified, a written excuse from the doctor must be submitted, and options about attendance will be discussed.
NOTE: Too much homework is not an excused absence
*See “Attendance Policy” (page 12) in the Orchestral Training Handbook for details.
CLICK HERE to download and print an Absence Request form to be signed by a parent and the conductor (retreat and concerts only).